Annual General Meeting
Normally the AGM would be held in June but due to the COVID pandemic it will be deferred to a later date while executive examine options to safely encourage attendance and participation by members.
One of the key activities during the AGM is the election of officers to the executive. The executive meets monthly. This year the five positions up for election are:
2 year appointments
- Vice-President: responsible for scheduling, liaising with other PANORU clubs and internal communications to members
- Treasurer: oversees all financial transactions, maintains financial records, and prepares budget forecasts for executive; an accounting background is useful but not necessary
- Social Director: responsible for organizing hostings at home games and coordinating the holding of other social events such as the golf tournament and Christmas party
- Secretary: records minutes at executive meetings, maintains records and documents
1 year appointment:
- Captain: leads the club on game day and at practices, and is the only player to speak to the referee during games
This year, Dave Millard (VP), Jim Capron (Treasurer) and Tim Walshaw (Social) have indicated that they will not be standing for re-election. On behalf of the club, I thank them for their service and contributions over the years. However, this means we do need members to step forward and fill these roles.
Dave Knox (Secretary) and Paul Eby (Captain) have indicated their willingness to stand for re-election, but any other club members are welcome to stand for these positions as well.
If you are interested in any of these five positions, or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me or any executive member.
The annual awards get together has been postponed until we are able to have a proper social gathering. Cancellation remains possible, if restrictions remain in place for an extended period. Please make arrangements to return trophies to Paul so we are ready to go when the circumstances allow.
In light of the suspension of the current season, and the uncertainty surrounding the upcoming season. All members will only be asked to pay Social member dues of $50 for the 2020/2021 season. Dues are payable anytime between now and August 31, 2020. When players are allowed back on the pitch, we will pro-rate the player dues accordingly for the balance of the season. We have not received any direction from Rugby Canada on registration for the 2020/2021 season.
If you have any questions or concerns about any issue to do with the club, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss. I hope you and your families stay healthy and safe during these unusual times.
Yours in rugby